General Thoughts: Artstation




I've been using Artsation for a little over a year now and have really enjoyed the experience. From a general standpoint, I can see who likes my work, who wants to continue seeing my work, and can even generate my own dedicated portfolio page to send to others.

The biggest con is that I don't get much in the way of critique. The way I assess the sight is more by metrics. How many people can I get viewing my work? What resources do I have to make that easier? Who is looking at my work? In terms of resources, having the ability in Marmoset Toolbag to directly import a model into Artstation is great. Additionally being able to quickly share on LinkedIn is a great feature.

Outside of generating views I use it to stay in touch with other artists I work with from time to time. I can get updates from their page, check out their work, and give them a call and see what they're working on. I also like the top bar highlights. Event details on GDC, Masterclasses, featured portfolios, job updates, its all information you would actually want access to. The site is clean, full of great inspiration, and a great insight on formatting work from 3d environments to 2d architectural drawings.
https://www.artstation.com/

Comments